Sunday, March 8, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 8

So, this week was pretty awesome.

On Monday I had a Japanese exam, which I completely rocked. I got an ‘A’ on it, even though I felt pretty nervous walking into the exam.

On Tuesday one of my classes got canceled, so I had extra time for homework. And by homework, I actually mean a nap.

On Wednesday school was canceled. So, my friends and I went out for a group lunch that afternoon and then we all spent practically the entire day together.

Thursday was the downer day, in which I did not feel well so I stayed home and slept all day.

On Friday I rocked a Japanese quiz, and then traveled to Tyler, Texas for a speech tournament. The drive was kind of long, but we had fun along the way and we kept each other busy.

Then, on Saturday we competed at the district tournament in speech. I made it to finals in two of my events—my favorite ones, actually—and even qualified them for nationals. I am so incredibly happy that I was able to qualify, because I have been hoping to go to this national tournament this year. Because this year, it will be held in Portland, Oregon. Our coach even said that we could fly down a day early so that we can drive to Seattle for the day. I have less than a month to prepare, but I am super excited!

Today (Sunday) we drove back, and I took about a three-hour nap. The time change on top of performing all day yesterday completely wore me out. But, this week and especially this weekend was a lot of fun.


So about this class, it was nice having the review week this week. I really enjoyed looking back and writing about my experiences and what works best for me. I am also still enjoying my Storybook as I work on it. It’s a lot of fun to write!

Here is a picture of me and my team throwing up our D3 hand signs on the way to Texas. D3 is the district that comprises of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana, and Texas. 

Image Information: Personal Team Photo from March 2015.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an awesome week! I love how you you said sleep was your homework! The snow day was a nice little break:) Congratulation on qualifying for the nationals. I heard great things about both Oregon and seattle. I also enjoyed this week. It was nice looking back at my work and comments! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynze, sounds like you had a really busy but great week! I'm glad you did well on your Japanese exam and hope you did well on your quiz! Also, great job at district tournament! My roommate from freshman year, Nosi, is in that picture too! That's so great that you get to hang out with her and go on these trips! Also, hope you have a great time in Oregon and Seattle! That will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lynze, congratulations getting an ‘A’ on your test and quiz, especially on a Japanese test and quiz. I do the same thing when I have free time to do “homework.” It always turns into a nap first and most likely another nap sometime later. The time change totally messed me up too. I hope that you enjoyed your spring break.

    ReplyDelete