Sunday, March 1, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 7

This week wasn’t as busy for me as most weeks. I didn’t have a speech tournament this weekend, because we have the weekend off. So, that meant that I didn’t have to prepare for one throughout the week, and I could just focus on my homework. However, I did work on Friday and Saturday, which was my first weekend to work since the week before Valentine’s Day. It is weird to go to work and wait tables after being gone for two weeks or more at a time. Sadly, because of the weather I didn’t make much money, but I will be fine!

In Japanese this week we had two quizzes. One of them I didn’t do very well on, but I nailed the second one! We have an exam in the class tomorrow, so I will be spending my entire day doing homework and studying for that exam. I need to get a 95% on it to be happy with my grade in the class. Here’s to hoping that I achieve that.

In intercultural communication, my professor was gone all week, so we conducted class through podcasts online. Which was kind of cool because the chapter we covered was over nonverbal communication. And, it meant that I could come home and nap during my actual class time. And I love naps.

In this class, I was really happy with my Storytelling assignment. I was really able to get into the mind of the character and write a diary for her. I had a lot of fun writing it. I am also starting to think up my next entry for my Storybook, so that will also be fun for me to write.


Next weekend I have yet another tournament. This one has the potential to allow me to go to nationals in Portland, Oregon. I want to go to the West Coast so bad, especially Portland, so I will be working my butt off on my pieces all week. But for today, I have homework, studying, and I will be sadly watching the snow melt.


And here is a picture of the sunset on Tuesday taken from my screened in balcony. 
Image Information: Personal Photo of Sunset; Taken February 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment