Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lynze's Storybook Favorites

 After looking through many of the Storybooks, I found three that I really liked. These Storybooks were, Goodnight Naga, The Hero’s Oscars, and How I Met Your Mother. I know little to nothing about Indian Epics, so these stories gave me an introduction into the kinds of stories we will be learning about this semester.

Goodnight Naga- The introduction did a good job of setting the Storybook up and let me know that it would be about the family who wanted their grandfather to tell them stories. It started off really cute, and had a lot of extra detail. They did a good job in their storytelling and in making the characters of their story come to life. I particularly liked the ending because it was surprising. The layout worked really well, especially the background and color scheme, which I liked because it really made it seem like the stories were being told at night. The pictures did a good job in explaining certain aspects of the story and clarifying the imagery. I think it would be fun to make my Storybook like this.

The Hero’s Oscars- I also really liked this Storybook. One of the things that stood out to me at first was the hilarious cropped picture on the introduction page. I really enjoyed that they told the stories through a script narrative as if it were actual dialogue from the Oscars. The introduction set up the stories well and let us know that it was an awards show. I really liked that they added in humor to the dialogue, and did so in a cheesy way like real award shows do. I thought it was cute. Some of the images really added to the story and were quite funny, so I enjoyed them. I’m not good at cropping things like that, but if I can learn how I would love to do something like that.

Image Information: Cropped Award Photo. Source: Grace Fairchild 



How I Met Your Mother- Of course any Storybook that follows the name of such a current cult favorite is one that I had to read. This Storybook did not disappoint. The introduction was fantastic and set up the different stories that were going to be told in the narratives. I loved the fact that they added in some of the characters from the show, and even some of the lines. It was legen… wait for it- dary! The stories flowed very well together and the repetitive nature of them even made them more interesting. I thought that all of the stories were even told very well; this one was probably my favorite of the three Storybooks that I read. I would love to make something as creative and funny as this project is.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for choosing all of those storybooks! I really enjoyed looking through them, and getting some new ideas for myself. Of course I also had to check out the “How I Met Your Mother” one… because I just had to. It did not disappoint, I loved that it took such a familiar show and created a perfect situation to describe the way the couples met. I agree that it was very creative and funny, and I hope to make something as interesting as this one. Great find!

    ReplyDelete