Sunday, January 18, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 1

This week was a little hectic since it was the first week of class, and it’s hard to get back into the groove of things. Also, because my roommate started a kitchen fire in the middle of the week, so that was a bit of a fiasco.

In my other classes, I have not found any connections to this one as of yet. However, all of my classes are centered around non-western themes. I am taking the second level of Japanese, Intercultural Communication, and of course, this class. We had review quizzes in Japanese every day this week, and in Intercultural Communication we just had overviews of the class. I did really well on my Japanese quizzes, though. Much better than I thought I would do. I am also in the middle of preparing for a speech tournament in Texas next weekend, so a lot of my time and effort are going into preparing my speeches and other pieces.

I feel like this class is going really well. I think my favorite blog that I wrote for the week was the blog on my favorite place. I really enjoyed it because I got to reminisce about Virginia, and remember how fun that trip was. My storytelling post also did very well, I think. I was scared of the assignment at first, but I actually got really into it and my group mates also seemed to like the story I created.

When it came to other people’s works, I really liked my group mate Allison’s story. It was super creative, and the ideas were so out of the box that it makes me want to strive to do that kind of work on my other assignments for this class.


Overall, it was a pretty good week. Work went pretty well, and I made a lot of money waiting tables. Also, I got to spend a lot of time with my friends this weekend by spending every night with them hanging out, which is something I definitely do not get to do very often.

Side note: I saw this at my apartment complex this week. There were just pizzas on cars, and I thought it was hilarious. It reminded me of the Breaking Bad scene where he throws the pizza on the room. 
Image Information: personal photo of a pizza on a car; photo from January 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment