Friday, January 30, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 3

This week was a pretty long one. I spent the entire weekend in Texas for a speech tournament, which was a lot of fun. My speech coach went to graduate school at The University of North Texas, and knows that I want to go there for grad school as well. So, since we were in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area he took us to Denton to explore and eat some awesome food. We always eat amazing food at tournaments, my favorite eatery from this weekend was in Arlington and it was called Prince Lebanese Grill. It was delicious!

Japanese was pretty hard this week because we are learning a lot of tricky material. However, I am getting the hang of it, and I feel like I will do well on our exam that is coming up on Monday morning. Intercultural communication is also going well, we had to pick groups for a group project yesterday, and that’s always a scary process.

My favorite writing this week was my storytelling post. My only issue was, that what I wanted to do was much too long for me to actually do it, so I had to abridge it and do a shorter period of time than I had originally planned on. So I will need to keep watch over that issue for future storytelling posts.


I spent a lot of time working on speech over the week as well. I am leaving in a few hours for a speech tournament in Kansas. During the spring semester we are gone nearly every weekend for tournaments. This one is pretty short though, and we will be back Saturday night. That will give me all day Sunday to finish up homework and study for my Japanese exam. Plus I will be able to sleep in on Sunday, which is awesome because speech tournaments are exhausting work where you have to be up by 5 am, and usually don't go to bed until midnight the night prior. Last weekend we had to do that two days in a row due to how the tournament was structured. So wish me luck, I am hoping to do very well!

Below is my delicious dinner of lamb, rice, and hummus from Prince.
Image Information:personal photo of food from Prince; photo from January 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment