Friday, February 20, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 6

This week was an exhausting week. I had an exam on Tuesday morning after I had been on campus for three days straight from running a speech tournament. However, it is Friday and I have made it through, so far. It was nice to be able to get some extra sleep on Monday too, because my only class is at 9:30, so I didn’t have to go in thanks to the ice.

In this class, I enjoyed writing my Storytelling post for the week. I didn’t write one last week because I got too busy, and I felt like I had missed out. I still need to write my Storybook story for the week, but I do have plenty of great ideas in my head about it, so I am confident it will go well.

In Japanese, I had an exam on Tuesday (it was supposed to have been Monday), which went pretty well. However, since we are a day behind now we have to really rush through the material for the class, which is kind of hard. And in Intercultural communication we chose our topics for a big group project. My group is doing traditional funerals in Japan. So I get to do a lot with Asian countries this semester!


Last weekend at my speech tournament, I did pretty well. I went toe to toe with national competitors, and one of the most respected coaches in the country told me that I had a lot of talent. I was so nervous when I learned that he was judging that round. I have another tournament this weekend, which is the state tournament. I am hoping to do well, especially because if I do then I can qualify to go to a very exclusive national tournament. I went to this tournament last year and ranked among the top forty in the nation, so I am hoping to do even better this time if I get to go!

I love cooking, so look at this awesome chicken marsala that I made this week!
Image Information: Personal Photo of My Cooking; Taken: February 2015.

1 comment:

  1. You look so busy! I glanced down at all of your other famous last words and dang girl! You’re just rocking out the activities. I’ve definitely been in your shoes before. It’s good that you are taking some time for yourself by cooking (looks really delicious by the way). And congratulations on your achievements with the speech tournament! Sounds like you’ll do great this weekend at state! :)

    ReplyDelete